Associate of Arts Degree – Four-Year College Transfer
Associate of Arts Degree Program Planning Form (pdf)
An Associate of Arts Degree earned at Central Lakes College is recommended as the transfer degree that enables a student to transfer to a Minnesota four-year college or university. Through special agreements, the A.A. Degree, in most cases, allows a student to continue with a “junior status” at the selected state university.
- The Associate of Arts Degree includes the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
- Sixty (60) college level credits with a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher are required for an Associate of Arts Degree.
- Fifteen (15) credits must be earned at Central Lakes College to be eligible for an Associate of Arts Degree.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)
The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) contains the minimum number of credits (40) in ten goal areas needed to complete lower division general education requirements at all public colleges and universities in the state of Minnesota.
- MnTC courses may meet requirements for more than one goal area, but credit will only be awarded for the same course once.
- Students must complete all ten goal area requirements.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in all Minnesota Transfer Curriculum courses is required to complete the MnTC. Transfer courses impact the MnTC GPA.
- Passing grades (A through D-) apply to MnTC completion.
Transfer Pathway Degrees
Transfer Pathway Degrees are designed so you can complete a specific associate degree at Central Lakes College and transfer to a Minnesota State university to earn a bachelor’s degree without losing credits or having to take extra courses.
Specialty Degree Offerings
Athletic Coaching Certificate
Deaf Studies Certificate
Environmental Studies Certificate
Global Studies Certificate
Health Sciences Broad Field A.S. Degree
Latin American Studies Certificate
Music A.F.A. Degree
Music Technology A.F.A. Degree
Women’s Studies Certificate