The Central Lakes College Esports Lounge provides an exciting setting for students interested in the ever-popular and emerging field of Esports. Our Esports Lounge is the place to game casually or competitively on campus.
Location: Brainerd Campus C225 (located on 2nd floor across from the Cube)
Hours: 8 am to 9 pm
Available to all students, the Esports Club meets every Thursday in the Esports Lounge from 5 to 9 pm during the school year, with additional events listed on campus monthly. If you enjoy playing games on mobile, consoles, PCs or tabletop, stop in or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the club mailing list.
The Esports Lounge has multiple gaming stations, running 12th Generation i7s, all with 16GB RAM and M.2 storage. Graphics are run using Nvidia 3070ti Graphics Cards. All stations have gaming mice and mechanical keyboards. Headsets and controllers are also available for use.
PS4 and XBOX are also available to use with multiple preinstalled games, including COD, Madden NBA2k and more.
All gaming stations use the Metactix gaming platform for ease of use. Games currently installed consist of Rocket League, Valorant, League of Legends, Destiny 2, Warzone, Halo Infinite, Fortnite and more.
Free-to-play games can be installed upon request, and tutorials of gaming stations are also available by emailing email@example.com.
No food at desks
No open beverages at desks
Do not add or remove cables from computers and wall plates
Students may use their own unmodified controller or headsets
Do not move furniture
No yelling; Use reasonable voices
No swearing or profane language
Respect the equipment; Do not throw or modify peripherals
Harassment or bullying will not be tolerated
If you use your own online accounts, remember to logout
CLC is not responsible for accounts left logged into any Esports system
Failure to follow and respect these rules or CLC Student Policies will result in lost privileges in The Raiders Esports Lounge
- To use the Esports Lounge gaming stations, students will need to make a Metactix account, from the gaming station login screen.
- Click on register. You will be prompted to create a Metactix Account. (Students may use their school email or personal email for creating this account.)
- After you have made your account, you will need to verify the account through the email sent to the address you provide. This must be completed before you can log in.
- Once you have verified your account with Metactix, you will be able to log in to an Esports Lounge gaming station, however, you will still need time added to your account.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, gamer name, and the email you used to create your Metactix account. An Esports admin will add time to your account so you can begin playing. You will receive a reply email when the time has been added. Note: It may take up to 24 hours for the time to be added.
- After time has been added to your account, you can begin to play any installed games on the gaming stations. You will have two options to play most games: One is the play, where students use their platform account to play. The other is borrowing an account, whereas students will borrow a CLC account to play the game.
- Note: Borrowing accounts are only available for Steam and Epic platform games.
- We use Steam, BattleNet, Epic or Riot games platforms to play the installed games on each gaming station.