IRS Tax Return Transcript Request Process (2 Options)
Which Tax year to request:
2017 for 2019-20 School year
2018 for 2020-21 School year
2019 for 2021-22 School year
- IRS.gov has two options for requesting Tax Return Transcript.
- “Get Transcript Online” is available to those that have used this option previously.
- “Get Transcript by MAIL” is available to others.
o Complete requested information according to what was on your filed Federal Tax Return
o For type of transcript- select “Return transcript”
o Be sure to select the correct tax return year.
o There will then be an order confirmation message
o Takes 5 to 10 days to receive
- Call 1-800-908-9946Transcript order line: Available 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM local time
When prompted by the automated system:
- Enter your Social Security Number.
- Enter the Numbersin your street address
- Select-Option 2 (Transcript of Tax Return)
- Enter the yearof the Return you are requesting
- Takes 5 to 10 days to receive