Need help managing your tuition, budget or bills? Then log into GradReady! This money saving, student loan explaining website has great videos, tools and resources to help you get real-world ready.
Help with the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)!
Assistance completing the FAFSA on the web is being offered Monday - Thursday, each week, 8:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. by the CLC Financial Aid Office.
All sessions will be located on the Brainerd Campus in room C120. To help with the completion of the 2014-15 FAFSA please bring this list of items.
2014-15 School Year (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015)
FAFSA is available online at www.fafsa.gov. You will want to have your 2013 taxes done before completing the application. This makes the application easier because of a new tool called the IRS Data Retrieval. This tool allows you to electronically load your filed Federal tax return information into the FAFSA instead of entering it manually. It is a much more accurate to complete the FAFSA. Please use it if you are able.
Cost of Attendance
In order for the Financial Aid office to determine your financial eligibility, we must first establish what we feel your costs are associated with attending Central Lakes College for an academic year.
View CLC Cost of Attendance (pdf)
Student receiving Financial Aid (which includes grants, work study and loans)
You have rights and responsibilities in regards to the financial aid you receive. Please click on this link "Rights and Responsibilities" to read what you have the right to expect and what you are responsible for.
Campus Phone Numbers:
Brainerd (218) 855-8031, Fax (218)855-8252
Staples (218) 894-5157, Fax (218)894-5185
CLC Financial Aid Department efficiently assists students, using the latest technology, in the process of obtaining funds and supports a positive college experience as an achievable goal." To go along with this mission, we are guided by the principles "Students come first, We must take care of ourselves and We must be respectful of others".
The Financial Aid Office at CLC has developed a comprehensive financial aid program based on federal, state, institutional and private resources to help cover the cost of education. CLC annually awards assistance to about 70 percent of its student body. Therefore, no prospective student should hesitate to apply for admission because of financial circumstance. The CLC Financial Aid staff encourages all students to apply for financial aid.
File Completion/Student Loans
Work Study/Child Care grant/Consortium
Code of Conduct for CLC Financial Aid Office Employees
This Code of Conduct is in response to the Higher Education Opportunity Act signed August, 14, 2008. This code is applicable to all CLC employees with responsibilities related to Federal Title IV student loans and prohibits a conflict of interest. Where applicable, this code is superseded by MnSCU Employee Code of Conduct, if more restrictive.
These employees are restricted from:
1. Revenue sharing arrangements,
2. Receiving most lender gifts, including those to family members, with certain minimal exceptions,
3. Receiving fees or other compensation for consulting with lenders,
4. Using the award packaging or other methods to assign first-time borrowers to certain lenders,
5. Delaying or refusing to certify any loan based on the borrower's choice of lender,
6. Accepting any funds for private education loans in exchange for benefits to the lenders such as a preferred lender arrangement,
7. Requesting or accepting assistance from any lender for call-center staffing or financial aid office staffing, and
8. Receiving any compensation or financial benefit for service other than reasonable reimbursement of expenses for any financial aid office employee who serves on a lender's advisory board.
The Code of Conduct is available to these employees in an electronic format each year.