Documents needed to fill out a FAFSA
For the 2017-18 and/or 2016-17 school year, you and your parent(s) will need financial information from 2015. Please bring with you the following documents for BOTH student and parent(s):
- Social Security card. It is critical that Social Security numbers are entered correctly!
- Driver’s license (if any)
- 2015 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- 2015 Federal Income Tax Returns
- IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ
- Foreign Tax Return, or
- Tax return for Puerto Rica, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshal Islands, the Federal States of Micronesian or Palau
- 2015 untaxed income records (Child support paid/received, Veterans non-educational benefits, etc…)
- Current bank statements
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, bring your alien registration or permanent resident card.