IRS Tax Return Transcript Request Process (2 Options)
Which Tax year to request:
2020 for 2022-2023 school year
2021 for 2023-2024 school year
1) IRS.gov has two options for requesting Tax Return Transcript.
- “Get Transcript Online” is available to those that have used this option previously.
- “Get Transcript by MAIL” is available to others.
o Complete requested information according to what was on your filed Federal Tax Return
o For type of transcript- select “Return transcript”
o Be sure to select the correct tax return year.
o There will then be an order confirmation message
o Takes 5 to 10 days to receive
2) Call 1-800-908-9946 Transcript order line: Available 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM local time
When prompted by the automated system:
- Enter your Social Security Number.
- Enter the Numbers in your street address
- Select-Option 2 (Transcript of Tax Return)
- Enter the year of the Return you are requesting
- Takes 5 to 10 days to receive