Your Financial Rights and Responsibilities
- You will not be prevented from registering for a subsequent term because of outstanding tuition charges that arise from delayed federal or state payments. This includes deferment of tuition, fees, and required textbook or materials charged at the campus bookstore.
- You are responsible for paying without delay the amount of tuition above your expected federal and state assistance.
- You are responsible for paying your account balance after receipt of the expected federal or state educational assistance.
Central Lakes College complies with Minnesota Statute 197.775 which exceeds all criteria of Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e).
Veterans Request to Certify (pdf)
If you believe you are eligible to receive VA Education Benefits, please email Theresa Harsha – Veterans Resource Center Coordinator at email@example.com or phone 218-855-8279
Student Payment Office Procedures
- All students, including veterans, are expected to view their Student Account online regularly.
- Veterans are encouraged to set up an external payment plan with NelNet for the amounts not covered by the VA or other financial aid (follow link under payment options).
- After expected federal and state payments have been received by the veteran, any unpaid balance or payment plan in arrears will be put into the collection process.
- No further registrations will be allowed after an account is turned over to the Minnesota Department of Revenue for collection.