Students are required to submit an Application for Graduation, regardless of their plans to attend commencement. Students may receive assistance completing this online form from advisors and at the campus Welcome Centers.
Candidates for degrees, diplomas, and certificates must meet the following criteria:
- Complete all courses required by the degree, diploma and certificate, as well as all other program-specific requirements. Note: Students are subject to the program requirements in effect at the time of enrollment. When a student stops attending CLC for one year or more, the student is subject to the degree, diploma, or certificate requirements in effect at the time of re-enrollment.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 grading scale. Note that some program majors may have additional GPA and/or grading requirements for graduation.
- If applicable, achieve a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 grading scale in 40 Minnesota Transfer Curriculum credits in ten goal areas to complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum requirement.
- Complete a minimum of one-fourth (25%) of the required credits at Central Lakes College. Credits awarded through Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) internal college assessments count toward the one-fourth (25%) requirement.
- When applicable, complete all courses within the timeframe specified. Note that some technical courses expire after a specified number of years. See the program planning guides for more information.
- Students who achieve a 3.25-3.74 cumulative Central Lakes College GPA will graduate with honors. Students who achieve a 3.75-4.0 cumulative Central Lakes College GPA will graduate with high honors. For the commencement ceremony and program, honors and high honors are determined using the cumulative GPA at the end of prior semester.
- Students who achieve a 3.25-3.74 cumulative Central Lakes College GPA at the time of award completion will receive a transcript notation indicating graduation with honors. Students who achieve a 3.75-4.0 cumulative Central Lakes College GPA at the time of award completion will receive a transcript notation indicating graduation with high honors. Note that this calculation includes the final semester grades, which is different than the calculation used for the commencement ceremony and program.
- Participation in the commencement ceremony does not imply that a student has officially graduated.
- Students attending the commencement ceremony will receive a diploma cover with a special message inside. The official diploma will be mailed approximately eight (8) weeks after graduation once all grades are posted and final checks performed.
Student Exit Survey