Preparing for the Site Visit
On April 3-4, 2023, a team of peer reviewers from the Higher Learning Commission will visit Central Lakes College campuses. While at CLC, the team will hold several meetings with individuals and groups, as well as hold open sessions to meet with faculty, staff, and students. They may also talk with members of the campus community as they move about the campuses. You can contribute to a positive review by taking time to prepare for the visit and by being available to meet with the team:
1. Review the CLC Mission Statement, Vision, and Values
· Consider how your office, department, unit, or division contributes to one of more of these statements.
2. Review the Assurance Argument, especially those criteria to which you, your office, or your department contribute the most.
3. Familiarize yourself with the CLC Strategic Plan 2018-2025.
4. Review the master plans that outline the strategic priorities to which you most contribute:
5. Review the College-Wide Learning Goals and consider how you, your office, or your department help students meet them.
6. Review the Multi-Location Visit Institutional Report
8. Attend one of the open forums in February to practice responses to review team questions.
9. Attend the Mock Site Visit in March.
Open Forums and Mock Site Visit Information
Open Forum Schedule
Brainerd Campus Student Open Forum, Wednesday, February 22 at Noon, Room C205
Staples Campus Student Open Forum, Thursday, February 23 at Noon, Room C168
CLC Staff and Faculty Open Forum, Tuesday, February 21 (as part of in-service day)
Criteria for Accreditation
The forums are organized according to the five criteria of the Assurance Argument which we will submit to the HLC review team. The Assurance Argument is a narrative document that thoroughly describes how the college meets the requirements of five key criteria and assures the quality of the education we deliver. They are described as follows:
- The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
- The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- The institution provides quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- The institution’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities.
Mock Site Visit Information
To provide a final opportunity to hone the CLC Story and practice interacting with peer reviewers, a mock site visit will be held in March, 2023 (date to be determined). This will provide the campuses with as close to a real site visit experience as possible. The mock site review team will be made up of HLC peer reviewers from inside the Minnesota State system.
Faculty and staff are highly encouraged to prepare for and attend these sessions (as appropriate) to become familiar with peer reviewer interactions and to practice telling the CLC Story.
More information on the mock site visit including the date, agenda, and review team bios will be forthcoming once confirmed.
Central Lakes College’s Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) is Mark Johnson, Interim Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs. Mark may be contacted as follows:
Phone: (218) 855-8058