Post Secondary Enrollment Option Program
The Minnesota Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) program allows high school 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students to take courses and receive both high school and transferable college credit. Courses are available on campus, online, or via ITV. Some PSEO students graduate with their Associates degree at the same time they receive their high school diploma. To participate in the PSEO program, a student must inform their school district by May 30 of each year of the student’s intent to enroll in any post-secondary courses during the following school year and meet CLC PSEO Admissions requirements.
The PSEO program will cover the cost of tuition, fees and books for eligible courses whether you are part-time or full-time. Students are not allowed to take courses with additional fees that exceed a total of $100, or remedial courses (below 1000 level).
Eligibility for PSEO
12th grade/Senior must have a high school GPA of 2.5 or greater
11th grade/Junior must have a high school GPA of 3.0 or greater
10th grade must have taken the 8th grade MCA reading test and have met the proficiency of “meets or exceeds”. If student meets the standards he/she may be eligible to enroll in a Career and Technical Education course. Approved 10th grade courses (pdf)
1) Application: Complete a CLC application
3) Transcripts: Request current high school transcript to be sent to CLC
- 10th graders: Submit a copy of 8th Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) scores in reading and provide evidence that you have met or exceeded the proficiency level. Approved 10th grade courses (pdf)
4) Assessment: Complete the Accuplacer Placement Test
5) Returning PSEO: Complete a PSEO Program Notice of Student Registration every semester.
For more information visit: 3.5 Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program Policy (pdf) and MN Department of Education