Using Your GI Bill®
If you have not already done so, call or visit the Veterans Resource Center Coordinator to discuss any VA entitlements you may be eligible for!
Research VA education benefits using the MyMilitary Benefits Flowchart.
Your time, duration, and type of service will determine which of the following entitlements you may be eligible to receive.
Applying for your GI Bill®
6-8 weeks after applying, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. Please bring a copy of this and your DD214 to the CLC Certifying Official.
- Gather a copy of your most recent DD 214 and bank routing information.
- Meet with the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) Regional Coordinator, on the CLC Brainerd campus, Wednesdays from 9:30-2:30.
- Apply directly to the VA, using the Internet Explorer browser at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply-for-education-benefits/.
Minnesota GI Bill®
To be eligible for the MN GI Bill®, you must first have a current FAFSA on file.
- Visit the MDVA website for eligibility information and to apply online.
Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
Application and approvals are due 10 days prior to the start of the term.
- Army Guard and Reserve will apply at https://www.goarmyed.com/.
- Air Force uses http://www.arpc.afrc.af.mil/.
State Tuition Reimbursement (STR)
Applications are due to your unit within the first 45 days of the term.
- You must apply for STR with the Guard or Reserve unit you are drilling with.
- Remember to turn in your grades and fee statements at the end of each semester.
Attend Your Classes
- Submit the Request to Certify form to CLC’s VA Certifying Official.
- Update the VA Certifying Official of any changes to your program or courses.
- Attend and pass all of the classes for which you are registered.
- Ask for help. There are numerous programs on campus to help all students succeed.