Step 1: Apply for Admissions to Central Lakes College
- Apply for admissions to CLC and select a program/major: Online Application (minnstate.edu) Make note of your StarID and StarID password.
- Submit high school transcripts or GED records to email@example.com.
- Complete an immunization form.
Step 2: Obtain Credit for Prior Learning
- Request official transcripts for previous college level coursework, including military training, for evaluation of transfer credit. Specify that they be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No need to request transcripts from other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities since CLC can pull them, but let us know to expect it by completing an eTranscript Request. You must request transcripts from the U of M.
- To obtain your Army, Navy or Marine Corps transcript, go to https://jst.doded.mil/
- To obtain your Air Force CCAF transcript, go to https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247/community-college-of-the-air-force-transcripts/
- Learn about other options for receiving credit for prior learning and life experiences.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid (State and Federal Grants, Student Loans, Workstudy)
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to determine if you are eligible for student loans, grants, and workstudy. *Apply early to ensure financial aid is completed before school starts.
- CLC’s Federal School Code is 002339
- See http://www.clcmn.edu/financial-aid/ for Financial Aid information and contacts.
Step 4: Search for Scholarships
- See www.mymilitaryeducation.org or contact the Veterans Resource Center on campus for a list of military-related scholarships
- Apply for CLC Foundation scholarships at http://www.clcmn.edu/scholarships/apply-for-scholarships/
Step 5: Determine course placement
Step 6: Attend New Student Registration
- See http://www.clcmn.edu/advising-2/ or contact your advisor for more details.
- At this event, you will register for classes, activate your CLC student email, take a photo for your Photo ID (MyCLCPlus Card), receive information on academics, financial aid, bookstore, tuition and fees, etc.
Step 7: Request Educational Benefits
Step 8: Attend New Student Orientation
- See the calendar on www.clcmn.edu for dates, times and details.