Step 1: Apply for Veterans Affairs Education Benefits
- Apply for VA Education benefits by contacting Jason Wehry, MDVA Higher Education Veterans Program, Regional Coordinator, for a one-on-one VA benefit consultation. Contact Jason at 320-493-8153 or Jason.T.Wehry@state.mn.us
Step 2: Apply for Admissions to Central Lakes College
- Apply for admission to CLC and select a program/major: Online Application (minnstate.edu) Make note of your StarID and StarID password.
- Submit high school transcripts or GED records to email@example.com.
- Complete an immunization form.
Step 3: Obtain Credit for Prior Learning
- Request official transcripts for previous college-level coursework, including military training, for evaluation of transfer credit. Specify that they are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No need to request transcripts from other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities since CLC can pull them, but let us know to expect it by completing an eTranscript Request. You must request transcripts from the U of M.
- To obtain your Army, Navy, or Marine Corps transcript, go to https://jst.doded.mil/
- To obtain your Air Force CCAF transcript, go to https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247/community-college-of-the-air-force-transcripts/
- Learn about other options for receiving credit for prior learning and life experiences.
Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid (State and Federal Grants, Student Loans, Work-study)
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to determine if you are eligible for student loans, grants, and work-study. *Apply early to ensure financial aid is completed before school starts.
- CLC’s Federal School Code is 002339
- See https://www.clcmn.edu/financial-aid/ for Financial Aid information and contacts.
Step 5: Search for Scholarships
- See http://www.mymilitaryeducation.org/ or contact the Veterans Resource Center on campus for a list of military-related scholarships
- Apply for CLC Foundation scholarships at https://www.clcmn.edu/scholarships/apply-for-scholarships/
Step 6: Determine course placement
Step 7: Attend New Student Registration
- See https://www.clcmn.edu/advising-2/ or contact your advisor for more details.
- At this event, you will register for classes, activate your CLC student email, take a photo for your Photo ID (MyCLCPlus Card), receive information on academics, financial aid, bookstore, tuition and fees, etc.