Transferring Credits from CLC
Steps for CLC Students Transferring to Another School
- Discuss transfer plans with a CLC advisor upon admission to CLC.
- Review transfer options.
Many four-year colleges and universities accept a significant number of credits from CLC, making the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree affordable, accessible and convenient for CLC graduates.
Several options are available to assist you on your educational journey:
- Articulation Agreements are generally for specialized professional or technical programs.
- Transfer Pathway Degrees are designed so you can complete a specific associate degree at Central Lakes College and transfer to a Minnesota State university to earn a bachelor’s degree without losing credits or having to take extra courses.
- Associate of Arts and Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)
- Earn your bachelor’s degree at CLC
- Research various colleges and universities to determine admissions criteria, costs, transfer of credit, timelines, transfer scholarships, etc.
- For specific questions, contact the admissions office at those colleges and universities.
- Visit with 4-year college and university representatives. See the bottom of the page for the schedule and click on the link to register for your visit.
- Create an account at Transferology to learn how your credits will transfer.
- Visit MnTransfer.org to access transfer information for regional, public, private and out-of-state colleges and universities.
- Your transfer college will need an official CLC transcript to transfer in credits. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities have the ability to retrieve your CLC e-transcript so you do not need to request an official CLC transcript. If you are transferring outside of the Minnesota State College and University System, request your official CLC transcript.