International Student Admission Requirements
International students who are not permanent residents of the United States may be considered for admission after submitting the following;
- A completed International Application.
- Official transcripts from each high school/secondary school, college, university, and ESOL program attended. Transcripts must be translated into English and officially stamped and mailed.
- One of the following documentations of English proficiency:
- -(TOEFL)Test of English Foreign Language with a score of 500 or higher (paper) or 173 or higher (computer) or 61or higher (internet based).
- Official transcript that shows recent completion of a college-level composition course with a grade of “C” or better from a United States college or university.
- Complete Certification of Finances
Recommended application deadlines for all students are:
- Fall Semester apply by May 1
- Spring Semester apply by October 1
- Summer semester is not a recommended start date.
Central Lakes College operates on a rolling admission basis. This means that applications will be reviewed for acceptance as they are received. All materials should be submitted before the application deadline in order for International Admissions to guarantee that application materials are reviewed in time for students to obtain visas and arrive at Central Lakes College in time for orientation.
Central Lakes College does award transfer credit for international credit earned at eligible Colleges & Universities outside of the United States. Please view our International Credit Evaluation Policy (pdf) for more information
Student Visa Process and Regulations
To learn about the process and rules for studying in the United States as an international student, please refer to https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov
English for Academic Purposes
To learn more about the English Language Support, please consult the following: