7.9.10 DOL Budget Line Item Flexibility and Other Areas Covered by DOL Grant Award Special Clauses and Conditions
Budget Line Item Flexibility
- The U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) allows flexibility within the grant budget direct cost categories provided the transfer of funds is restricted to 10% of the total budget as last approved by the USDOL. Changes in excess of 10% of the total budget and changes to the indirect cost category must receive prior written approval from the federal Grant Officer.
- When identified as a lead institution, Central Lakes College is responsible for tracking all budgetary changes and ensuring that, collectively, the consortium does not exceed the 10% cap and that budget modification requests are submitted to DOL when appropriate.
- Administrative costs need to be tracked for federal reporting. Some US DOL grants have a limitation on administrative costs, which is often stated in the Notice of Award’s Cost Limitations, Items, and Restrictions section.
- Quarterly Financial Reports are required. For consortium grants that require a single consolidated report to be submitted by the lead institution, members must submit the necessary reports with supporting documentation no later than 21 days after the end of each reporting quarter. Reporting quarter-end dates are June 30, September 30, December 31, and March 31.
- Consultant fees paid under this grant/agreement shall be limited to $750 per day without additional USDOL Grant Officer approval. Please submit all requests for higher compensation to the Consortium Grant Director, if applicable, for review and submission to USDOL for pre-approval.
Other Cost Limitations, Restrictions, Allowability
- Refer to the Notice of Award, the approved grant budget, 2 CFR 200, 2 CFR Part 2900, Edgar, and the USDOL ETA Grantee Handbook for additional guidelines on allowable costs.
US DOL ETA Grant Award Part B: Indirect Costs, Budget, and Cost Share (Match); Budget Flexibility
US DOL ETA Grant Award Part D: Cost Limitations, Items, and Restrictions
ETA One-Stop Comprehensive Financial Management Technical Assistance Guides
US DOL ETA Grantee Handbook
Date of procedure creation: 02/10/2015
Author (s): Rebekah Kent, Director of Strategic Grant Initiatives and
Jillian Cyann, Accounting Officer
Date of Implementation: 02/24/2015
Review Date: 11/17/2023