CLC is making college more affordable for YOU!
Extraordinary Education. Exceptional Value.
Central Lakes College provides the highest value, most affordable path to an extraordinary education, individual accomplishment, and community prosperity in the state.
Central Lakes College offers more than 70 academic programs and is part of Minnesota State which offers the lowest tuition and fees in Minnesota AND a first-class education employers respect.
FREE tuition and fees for all Minnesota students with a family income under $80,000 with the North Star Promise Scholarship (starting Fall of 2024)
Tuition freeze at Central Lakes College through spring 2025
Scholarships available through the CLC Foundation which awards over $450,000 annually to students.
Not only is our tuition the lowest in the state, Minnesota State and Central Lakes College students have access to countless scholarships and financial aid options – helping to break down the financial barrier to a college education. In fact, between 32% and 59% of Minnesota State students graduate with no debt at all — depending on the academic award received.
North Star Promise Scholarship Program
Earn your degree, tuition free — that’s the Northstar Promise!
Beginning in fall 2024, the North Star Promise (NSP) Scholarship program will create a tuition and fee-free pathway to higher education for eligible Minnesota residents at eligible institutions (Central Lakes College) as a “last-dollar” program by covering the balance of tuition and fees remaining after other scholarships, grants, stipends and tuition waivers have been applied.
Eligible students must:
- Be a Minnesota resident
- Have a family Adjusted Gross Income* (AGI) as reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application below $80,000.
- Attend a Minnesota public higher education institution or Tribal College
- Not be in default on a state or federal student loan
- Be enrolled taking at least one credit
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
- Have not already earned a baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree, diploma, or certificate
To learn more about the North Star Promise Scholarship and application process, head over to Minnesota Office of Higher Education’s website.