Why Choose Dental Assisting A.A.S. Degree at CLC?
• The dental assisting program offers a solid foundation in the field of dentistry. If you are thinking about being a dental hygienist, dental lab technician, or dental sales representative, dental assisting is a great beginning point in a career in dentistry.
• The curriculum prepares you for the national certification exam, and the state licensure exam.
• A solid internship program that offers the experience necessary for a dental assisting career. Internship sites are existing throughout the state of Minnesota.
• Job opportunities throughout the state of Minnesota and nationally. We have graduates working in Montana, Florida, Colorado, California, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Mississippi and Missouri and throughout the entire state of Minnesota.
• Our instructors have a wealth of industry and teaching experience to help aid students in their educational goals.
Julie attained her dental assistant credentials from Minnesota State Community and Technical College and her BS degree in Career and Technical Education from Bemidji State University. In 2004, Julie achieved credentials as a Restorative Functions Dental Assistant in the state of Minnesota. Julie worked in the specialty areas of dentistry; periodontics, pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, oral surgery and endodontics. Julie serves on the Minnesota Educators of Dental Assistants and several committees at Central Lakes College. Email Julie for more information
Le Ann Schoenle
Le Ann Schoenle is a Dental Assisting Instructor at Central Lakes College and was the Program Director from Fall of 1975 through the Fall of 2012. Le Ann retired in Jan 2013 and is currently teaching as a part time instructor. Dental Assisting courses that Le Ann teaches include Dental Radiology I, General Anatomy, Head and Neck Anatomy, Dental Orientation and Dental Clinic I, Pathology, Pharmacology, Dental Emergencies, Dental Law, Dental Clinic II and Radiology II. Le Ann attained her dental assistant credentials from Normandale Community College and her Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational and Career Education from Bemidji State University. Le Ann is credentialed as a Licensed, Certified, and Restorative Functions Dental Assistant in the State of MN. Le Ann serves on the Minnesota Educators of Dental Assistants and several committees at Central Lakes College. Email Le Ann for more information