Why Choose Dental Assisting A.A.S. Degree at CLC?
• The dental assisting program offers a solid foundation in the field of dentistry. If you are thinking about being a dental hygienist, dental lab technician, or dental sales representative, dental assisting is a great beginning point in a career in dentistry.
• The curriculum prepares you for the national certification exam, and the state licensure exam.
• A solid internship program that offers the experience necessary for a dental assisting career. Internship sites are existing throughout the state of Minnesota.
• Job opportunities throughout the state of Minnesota and nationally. We have graduates working in Montana, Florida, Colorado, California, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Mississippi and Missouri and throughout the entire state of Minnesota.
• Our instructors have a wealth of industry and teaching experience to help aid students in their educational goals.
Julie attained her dental assistant credentials from Minnesota State Community and Technical College and her BS degree in Career and Technical Education from Bemidji State University. In 2004, Julie achieved credentials as a Restorative Functions Dental Assistant in the state of Minnesota. Julie worked in the specialty areas of dentistry; periodontics, pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, oral surgery and endodontics. Julie serves on the Minnesota Educators of Dental Assistants and several committees at Central Lakes College. Email Julie for more information
Le Ann Schoenle
Le Ann Schoenle is a Dental Assisting Instructor at Central Lakes College and was the Program Director from Fall of 1975 through the Fall of 2012. Le Ann retired in Jan 2013 and is currently teaching as a part time instructor. Dental Assisting courses that Le Ann teaches include Dental Radiology I, General Anatomy, Head and Neck Anatomy, Dental Orientation and Dental Clinic I, Pathology, Pharmacology, Dental Emergencies, Dental Law, Dental Clinic II and Radiology II. Le Ann attained her dental assistant credentials from Normandale Community College and her Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational and Career Education from Bemidji State University. Le Ann is credentialed as a Licensed, Certified, and Restorative Functions Dental Assistant in the State of MN. Le Ann serves on the Minnesota Educators of Dental Assistants and several committees at Central Lakes College. Email Le Ann for more information
Licensed Dental Assistant, CLC Dental Assisting Grad 2013
A great career in a year! After working a number of jobs throughout my life, I decided to go back to school at CLC. I can honestly say it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The instructors were great, the program was fun, and I love my job.
Dental Assisting Grad 2013
The Dental Assisting program at Central Lakes College is the best way to start your career in the dental field! There is just enough classroom time to learn the basics, and then a large amount of hands on training that is invaluable when starting out in your new career as a Licensed Dental Assistant! The instructors really care about you and your success. In this program, you really aren’t just another student. The education you receive from this program allows you to confidently start in your new position in life!
I chose Central Lakes College Dental Assisting program over many other similar school programs because I felt it was the right choice for me! It was close to home and was a small school that was easy to get used to. I have looked at many other schools all over Minnesota, but they all had the excessive drive to put in. CLC dental assisting program is a fast track program. The program is only 11 month where many other schools are 16-18 months. The cost was far less than other tech schools. The teachers want you to exceed in what you are performing. They make it their job to make you succeed and not just give you homework. I have come to love CLC because of the atmosphere, staff, and opportunities available to me as a student. The program is about 80% hands-on and we were working in the lab the second week of class. Sometimes become very stressful, but in the end you’ll will be happy with your decision. I have not been to any other colleges, but I would definitely always keep CLC in mind! If you want a school that really focuses in you getting your degree and finishing in a timely manner CLC is the place to be!