6.10 Facilities Rental Policy and Fees Schedule
Central Lakes College, hereinafter referred to as CLC, an agency of the State of Minnesota, wishes to encourage the full use of the educational facilities by persons in the community when they are not used by students or staff to conduct the curricular or extra-curricular programs. All persons are welcomed and encouraged to attend public activities or meetings and to properly use the area scheduled or made available for use under provisions of this policy.
This policy and rental fees schedule applies to non-profit/profit groups and individuals or groups from the local community and school districts for related programs or purposes of the community and school district.
- The application for use of the buildings or grounds must be made through CLC facility reservation personnel and authorized by the Vice President of Administrative Services, Dean of the Staples Campus, or designee.
- The facilities use agreement, certificate of liability insurance coverage, and 501C3 form (if applicable), or tax exempt status, must be completed and approved in advance of use of the facility.
- The rental charge will be made in accordance with the schedule of rental rates of this policy.
- All events/activities should be scheduled a minimum of two weeks (14 days) in advance to allow CLC to make the necessary arrangements for security/maintenance for use of facilities. If an event/activity is scheduled with less than two weeks (14 days) notice and is approved, CLC reserves the right to charge an additional $50 for the event, plus normal fees.
- This Agreement may be canceled by either party at any time, for any reason, upon ten (10) days written notice to the other party.
- The College reserves the right not to rent facilities for purposes in direct competition with the College. or conflict with CLC mission. Central Lakes College reserves the right to not charge groups/businesses that are in collaboration/partnership or have reciprocity agreements with Central Lakes College.
- Solicitation or sales language can be put here.
General Rules and Regulations:
- All organizations using CLC facilities shall be responsible for any and all vandalism and shall be required to reimburse CLC the full value of any damage or theft of property. The organization or the individual representing the organization who uses CLC facilities shall assume full responsibility for injury to persons and damages to property that may occur as a result of their using CLC facilities.
- A completed Facilities Use Agreement which requires proof of insurance and compliance with other agreements and conditions must be approved by the Vice President of Administrative Services, Dean of the Staples Campus, or designee before facilities will be scheduled. Prior to using the college facilities, every non-college group/organization and individual must complete a Facilities Use Agreement. The person signing the Facility Use Agreement is responsible for the group’s observance of all policies and fees assessed for the event. Whenever possible, facility usage should be scheduled at least fourteen (14) days prior to the activity, but not to exceed 120 days in advance. Facility use is dependent upon room and staff availability.
- “Normal work hours: means 7:00 am – 10:00 pm. Monday through Friday and Saturdays and Sundays as needed (Brainerd Campus) and 7:00 am – 10:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Friday, and closed Saturday/Sunday (Staples Campus). This is subject to change with holidays.
- CLC shall not be liable for any suits, actions or claims of any character for injury, death or property damage made by or on behalf of any person or persons, firm or corporation arising out of the conduct, management or use of the Premises by PERMITTEE or arising out of any work or thing whatsoever done in or about the Premises or structures or equipment therein when such has been authorized by PERMITTEE, except as such injury, death or property damage is attributable to CLC’s negligence as determined by a court of law. PERMITTEE shall indemnify CLC and hold it harmless from any and all such suits, actions or claims.
- The custodian/security on duty will supervise the operation of the physical plant and shall not be required to supervise groups or activities during any time the CLC buildings are in operation. A building may not be occupied by any community group unless a custodian/security is present. A CLC employee may substitute for the custodian with prior permission from the Vice President of Administrative Services, Dean of the Staples Campus, or designee.
- It shall be the responsibility of the organizational leaders to confine use of the facilities rented to members of their group or for the purpose and function under the terms of the rental agreement.
- Food Service is available through the existing food service provider at both locations. Contact for Brainerd is 855-8046: Contact for Staples is 894-5127. The CLC kitchen is not available for use by anyone other than the current food service provider. Can a different vendor be used – language here. (Kari)
- Beverages and pre-packaged cold snacks may be served without using the kitchen but it is the responsibility of the renter to clean up the facility. A fee will be assessed for damaged, lost, stolen, or unclean equipment or facility
- Buildings must be vacated by 10:00 pm by organizations utilizing the facilities, unless prior arrangements and approval have been made. Programs must be concluded in time for clearance of building in accordance with the terms of the rental arrangement. Any additional time required to clean up after an organization’s use of the facility shall be charged to the organization in addition to the rental schedule.
- An authorized/designated person from the organization must be in attendance at all times to accept responsibility for the conduct of an organization and the care of the building and equipment for all groups using CLC facilities.
- The use, sale, free distribution, or advertising of tobacco products (in any form) and electronic delivery devices (more commonly referred to as e-cigarettes) are prohibited at all times in or on all college-owned, leased or operated property, including but not limited to any buildings, grounds, walkways, arenas, playing fields, owned vehicles, and other motorized equipment. No designated smoking areas or ashtrays will be provided. Littering on campus, including cigarettes butts or other tobacco waste, is also prohibited. This policy applies to all employees, students, vendors, contractors, visitors, and guests. Visitors or guests who violate the policy may be asked to leave the property.
- Except as provided in CLC Policy 5.18 Alcoholic Beverages or Controlled Substances on Campus, the possession, use, sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages and 3.2% malt liquor at Minnesota State Colleges and Universities and institution-sponsored events on or off campus is prohibited. The CLC President must pre-approve, in writing, any exceptions to this policy. Requests may be directed to the Vice President of Administrative Services.
- A group must obtain prior approval to bring in any organizational equipment and must remove all equipment immediately after the event, unless special permission is granted in advance by CLC. Kari did you have something to insert here?
- A group renting the facility cannot assign or transfer the right or the responsibility for use of CLC facilities.
- For those events held after regular working hours and/or on weekends, a facility service fee shall be charged at the rate of $50 per hour with a minimum of 2 (two) hours required. A Technician fee of $50 per hour if one is required to be in attendance for a special event. We reserve the right to have a CLC employee operate the equipment. (re-word?)
- Violation of any of the rules governing the use of CLC buildings by any person or organization shall be sufficient grounds for canceling the scheduled use of facilities or denying of future application.
- PERMITTEE shall at all times be considered an independent contractor, and not an employee or agent of CLC.
- All personal property in or about the Premises belonging to or placed therein by PERMITTEE or its occupants or visitors shall be there at the sole risk of PERMITTEE or such other person only, and CLC shall not be liable for theft or misappropriation thereof, not for any loss or damage due to the building or any part of the appurtenance thereof becoming out of repair, or arising from the bursting or leaking of water, gas, sewer or steam pipes, or due to the happening of any accident in or about the Premises including destruction by fire. PERMITTEE here by assumes all responsibility for security against theft, vandalism or accidental loss of any kind whatsoever.
- CLC visitors do not need a parking permit to park in CLC parking lots; however, parking must follow the CLC Parking Policy (located at Central Lakes College Website). Parking lots are to be used only for parking, unless prior authorization is obtained from the Vice President of Administrative Services, Dean of the Staples Campus, or designee.
- Regularly scheduled classes and events and activities approved and sponsored by the College including classes or events by other higher education institutions approved by the Central Lakes College, shall have priority in facility utilization. If an internal college program or employee group sponsors an event, faculty or staff from such program or group must be present to manage and supervise the event for its duration. Use must be directly related to student clubs and purposes of the college.
- If a username and password are needed in order to access the CLC computers, it must be requested at least two (2) weeks in advance to the event. Bringing your own laptop to plug into the projector will not require a username and password. However if you use a high tech classroom and you need to access CLC’s computer system you must have a username and password to get on line. Please call the Facilities Coordinator if one is needed.
- To schedule the use of the Brainerd or Staples facility at Central Lakes College, please contact: the Facilities Coordinator at (218) 855-8052.
- CLC reserves the right to revise building rental rates. It shall be the responsibility of the renting organization to obtain the cost of the current rental rates and fees. CLC will not be responsible for contacting individual organizations to inform them of revisions in rental rates.
- CLC rental rates are designed to encourage public use. Payment in full is required within thirty (30) days unless other arrangements are made in advance and approved by the Vice President of Administrative Services. If payment for rental of facilities is not made, the renting agency will not have access to use of the facilities until all past building rental fees have been paid. Payment may be made to Central Lakes College, Attn: Cashier, 501 West College Drive, Brainerd, MN 56401.
Date of policy creation: April 30, 2014
Author: Kari Christianson, VP of Administrative Services & Karen Mertes, Facilities Coordinator
Date of implementation: October 1, 2014
**See fee schedule following this policy