3.9.1 Academic Forgiveness Procedure
To provide students who have had academic difficulties at an earlier stage of their academic career the opportunity for a ‘second chance’ at academic success at Central Lakes College (CLC)
- After meeting the eligibility requirements outlined in Policy 3.9, the student will submit an Academic Forgiveness form and unofficial CLC transcript to the Records and Registration Office.
- The registrar or designee reviews the student’s CLC transcript to determine if the student has met the eligibility requirements.
- If approved, the registrar or designee processes the academic forgiveness, which includes adding a notation of Academic Forgiveness on the transcript.
- If approved, the registrar or designee notifies the student of the decision and sends the student a revised unofficial transcript.
- If not approved, the registrar or designee will notify the student of the decision and provide an explanation why the request was denied.
- No credit will be granted for any course approved for forgiveness; however, the course titles and grades will remain on the transcript
- A notation of the Academic Forgiveness will be included on the transcript
- The Records and Registration Office will scan the form into the student’s electronic record.
- The Records and Registration Office will notify the DARS encoder to update the student’s Degree Audit Report (DARS).
Date of Implementation/Presidential Approval: 03/31/2021
Date of Last Review: 03/31/2021