3.19.1 Graduation Procedure
- Each student, regardless of commencement attendance plans, must apply to graduate from Central Lakes College by completing an online Application for Graduation. The graduation application is available on the forms page of the CLC Website. Students may receive assistance completing this online form from advisors and at the campus Welcome Centers.
- Students who submit a signed and completed graduation application to the Records and Registration Office by the published deadline will be listed in the commencement program.
- The Records and Registration Office will review the graduation application, Degree Audit Report and transcript to ensure all graduation requirements have been met or will be met if the student receives appropriate grades in the final semester. All students will receive an email confirming their graduation application status to the email address specified on the graduation application.
- If the application for graduation is not approved, students may work with their advisor to file an appeal using the Waiver/Substitution form and/or may be required to take additional courses.
- Graduates who achieve an overall GPA of 3.25-3.74 by the last semester completed prior to graduation will be identified in the graduation program with a special notation and will wear a silver honors cord. The GPA calculations do not include the final semester grades.
- Graduates who achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.75-4.0 by the last semester completed prior to graduation will be identified in the graduation program with a special notation and will wear a gold honors cord. The GPA calculations do not include final semester grades.
- Graduation ceremonies are held in May. Students who participate in the graduation ceremony are required to wear a cap and gown.
- Certificates, degrees and diplomas will be mailed approximately eight weeks after graduation.
- Students’ transcripts reflect degrees, diplomas and/or certificates completed and are considered the official documentation reflecting graduation status.
Date of Implementation/Presidential Approval: 03/31/2021
Date of Last Review: 03/31/2021