Why Choose Welding and Fabrication A.A.S. Degree at CLC?
• The welding program is 90% hands-on with real welding experience.
• Our welding facility is one of the best in the state.
• 100% industry directed program curriculum.
• Use the American Welding Society SENSE program for student to earn entry level welding certificate (industry recognized)
• Very strong program related placement for graduates in thriving industry.
• Instructors have a strong background in welding, including car and snowmobile racing.
• Advanced welding processes incorporated in the program, including automated processes.
David Otto is a 2001 graduate with a Welding and Manufacturing Diploma from CLC. David worked for Graphics Packaging INC. in Crosby, MN as a welder, machinist, and assembler, fabricating large automated packaging machines. David then followed his passion for snowmobiles and racing while working as a chief mechanic on the factory Arctic Cat professional snowmobile race team in Thief River Falls, MN He also worked for Carlson Motorsports in Elk River, MN as chief mechanic for their race team until 2013. David also maintains his own fabrication shop at home. He started teaching at CLC in the Fall of 2013. Email David for more information
Paul Jillson is a 1997 graduate with a Welding and Fabrication Diploma from CLC. Paul worked for Dane Engineering as the Foreman of the welding/fabrication department. Dane Engineering is a leading manufacturer of automated industrial equipment. Paul has a strong passion for the industrial arts and brings many years of experience to the program. He specializes in the state of the art Pulsed Mig welding process and CNC plasma/oxy-fuel cutting. Email Paul for more information