TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services Program at Central Lakes College
CLC TRIO Student Support Services provides direct support for students to successfully complete their Associate of Arts Degree and assist participants in a successful transfer pathway to a 4-year college or university for their bachelor’s degree.
TRIO is a set of federally funded college opportunity programs that support students in their pursuit of a college degree.
TRIO’s individual advising as well as creating connections with other students creates an environment for academic and personal success.
After completing an application, you will be contacted by a TRIO SSS advisor for next steps.
Free TRIO Program Services to enrolled participants.
- Individual TRIO advisor until you graduate and transfer
- Academic degree planning with priority registration
- Understanding how to be successful in college
- Peer tutoring and connections with campus staff and faculty
- Understanding financial aid and finances for college
- Scholarship application assistance
- Computer lab and free printing
- Career advising and free career interest assessments
- Choosing courses at CLC to transfer to 4-year college
- 4-year college campus tours, faculty visits and application assistance
- Leadership and personal development
TRIO Student Support Services Students must be enrolled at Central Lakes College, be a U.S. citizen or legal resident and express a need for academic and/or transfer advising services.
A student must also meet one or more of the following TRIO program guidelines:
- First-generation: neither parent has completed a four year college degree
- Limited Income: Federal income guideline based on family net income and family size
- Documented Disability
“Students in TRIO Student Support Services Program are more than twice as likely to remain in college as those student from similar backgrounds who did not participate in the program.” Council for Opportunity in Education
Steps to become a part of TRIO Student Support Services
1) Complete TRIO application and submit to the Central Lakes College TRIO Department.
Mail to Central Lakes College
501 West College Drive
Brainerd, MN 56401
or bring to TRIO on campus E124.
2) Meet with a TRIO advisor to discuss your application and eligibility for our program.
3) When accepted, complete orientation to TRIO Student Support Services and take advantage of all the great services to support your progress toward graduating with your Associate of Arts Degree and successful transfer to your next college.
The TRIO Student Support Services program is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and in-kind support from Central Lakes College.