Why Choose Specialty Crops Management Diploma at CLC?
• Students receive help in business planning that addresses issues that are specific to their business and personal goals.
• The instructor has helped over one hundred fruit and vegetable farms throughout Minnesota for the past fifteen years.
• During group classes, students have the opportunity to meet other progressive growers who are growing and selling the same crops.
• Students can receive help in interpreting soil tests as well as learning about managing the soils at their farm.
• Students can learn to identify and control insect pests and diseases in the field.
Dr. Thaddeus McCamant
Dr. Thaddeus McCamant has worked with commercial fruit and vegetable growers for twenty five years. He has a doctorate from Washington State University and has been working with fruit growers in Minnesota since the summer of 2000. Previously, he worked with fruit growers in Oregon, Washington and Montana. During the winter, he is regularly invited to speak at conferences in Minnesota and surrounding states. In order to increase our knowledge of growing fruits in northern Minnesota, he has started several research plots at the Ag and Energy Center in Staples looking at apple rootstocks and blueberry varieties. Email Thaddeus for more information