Why Choose Healthcare Administrative Specialist Certificate at CLC?
• An active Advisory Board representing the regions small businesses to large integrated healthcare systems; who choose graduated of this program to fill job openings.
• Instructors hold current industry credentials and pride themselves on being up-to-date on the constantly changing healthcare demands.
• Program is taught in the classroom, hybrid and online to meet the needs of the course content to ensure student success.
BIOL 1510 Essentials of Human Anatomy (3 cr) OR BIOL 1404 Human Biology (3 cr)
ENGL 1501 Writing Fundamentals for Healthcare Professionals (1 cr)
HINS 1156 Interpersonal Skills for Healthcare Professionals (1 cr)
HINS 1163 Medical Office Procedures (2 cr)
HINS 1360 Medical Terminology (3 cr)
Total – 11 credits
BUSN 1166 Business Communications (3 cr)
HINS 1165 Medical Records Management (3 cr)
HINS 2190 Professional Practicum (2 cr)
Total – 8 credits
Career Description: Students who obtain this certificate will be qualified to work as a patient scheduler, pre-registration clerk or work in a patient care call center.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate and utilize the basic skills and knowledge gained by taking the courses in the Healthcare Administrative Specialist certificate program;
- Positively relate with and understand their role to the organization and patient care;
- Demonstrate professional behavior and communication with patients and their families on the phone using compassion and empathy;
- Effectively work with a medical office team in relation to business functions;
- Demonstrate knowledge of electronic health records diagnosis searches;
- Demonstrate initative by asking for or suggesting work for themselves to improve the deparements goals with minimal supervision;
- Maintain patient privacy by implementing HIPAA and HITECH rules and regulations; and
- Maintain privacy with healthcare facilities business information and represent the organization positively and professionally.
Special Program Requirements:
- Students must maintain a 2.0 or higher in program certificate classes;
- Typing speed of 30 wpm (will be provided with free online resources); and
- Complete a satisfactory background check (background checks will follow State of MN regulations and the healthcare facilities policies on background checks).
Career Titles: Patient Care Call Center, Scheduling and PreRegistration.
For more information regarding employment statistics, career salary information and estimated job growth, follow the resource links below: