Why Choose Healthcare Administrative Specialist A.A.S. at CLC?
• Program is a platform program to allow students to pursue careers in the business, compliance and technology side of healthcare. Visit http://www.hicareers.com to see what awaits you in career options, employment statistics, and potential wages.
• An active Advisory Board representing the regions small businesses to large integrated healthcare systems; who choose graduated of this program to fill job openings.
• Articulation agreement with the College of St. Scholastica to transfer into their 4 year B.A. Health Information Management degree.
• A.A.S. degree prepares students for industry credentials.
• Instructors hold current industry credentials and pride themselves on being up-to-date on the constantly changing healthcare demands.
• Program is taught in the classroom, hybrid and online to meet the needs of the course content to ensure student success.
I have over 16 work years in the healthcare industry. I have worked in many different healthcare setting from a rural hospital, major insurance company, and eventually an integrated health system. My experience has been in the revenue management fields both in management and application systems. I have a B.S. from Bemidji State University in Business Administration. I fell into healthcare and literally fell in love with the field; and that lead me to receive a dual Masters in HIM and ITL. I am also nationally certified as an RHIA. I can’t get enough of the business and compliance side of healthcare, it is constantly being updated and changing…I’m kind of a nerd that way. But I found a second love and that is education and I want my students to fall in love with what they do – that is the key to success and wealth.
Email Susan for more information
Adjunct faculty are essential to the success of the program. The adjuncts serve on the program Advisory Board and each adjunct instructor brings industry knowledge and experience to the program to keep it vital to industry needs.