Why Choose Healthcare Accounting A.A.S at CLC?
• CLC is the first two-year college in the state to offer a Healthcare Accounting AAS degree, demonstrating its commitment to current industry developments.
• CLC graduates have an advantage when applying for jobs with their duel skill sets and knowledge in the fields of accounting, business and the office.
• Transfer easily into four-year bachelor programs.
• Strong partnerships with area businesses provide CLC students professional network connections, internship opportunities and permanent career placement.
• Take courses both in the classroom or online.
Kristina Ehnert began her accounting career in the private industry before starting in higher education. At CLC, Ehnert is an accounting internship mentor and the Accounting Club adviser. She earned a degree in Accounting from Concordia College and an MBA degree with an accounting concentration from Keller Business School of Management. She also graduated the Dale Carnegie Leadership Training program. Ehnert has a Certified Public Accounting license and is a member of the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants and the AICPA. Ehnert is a director New York Mills School Board, a volunteer on many school committees, a Sunday school teacher and Vacation Bible School volunteer. In her spare time, she enjoys scrapbooking, camping, golfing, gardening and hiking. Above all else, she is a dedicated mother and wife and enjoys spending the most time with her two sons and husband. Email Kristina for more information
Steve Ostlund started his career as an accountant for a non-profit organization and after receiving his MBA, he has worked in business and industry as an accountant and in accounting academia as an accounting instructor. He has over 20 years of teaching experience. Before coming to CLC, Ostlund taught at St. Cloud Technical and Community College and Ridgewater College.
Ostlund received both his undergraduate degree in Accounting and his Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of North Dakota. He received his Certified Public Accountant Certificate from the North Dakota State Board of Public Accountancy.
During his free time in the summer, Ostlund enjoys golfing and bicycling with his wife, Deb. In the winter months, he enjoys ice skating and hockey. He and Deb have three daughters and six grandchildren. Email Steve for more information