Why Choose Graphic Design Media Technologies Diploma at CLC?
• Award winning students at the American Advertising Federation Competition – Best of Show 2 years in a row.
• Students receive close personal attention from their instructors.
• Digital printing production program for real world experience.
• Active “Right Brain Graphics Club” perform student activities and community services.
• We stay current with industry technology.
• Close to industry for possible internships and local placement.
Leon Dahlvang graduated from Staples Technical College and became a teaching assistant in the Computer Graphics department from 1985-89. He then worked at Connecting Point Computer Center/EdTech as a telephone support specialist for the graphics industry. He assisted in designs of brochures other promotional pieces for retail and education clients. In 1992, Leon was hired as a design/support person for the graphic design department at the Print House in Willmar, MN. Leon returned to teaching at Central Lakes College in 1996 and has enjoyed teaching students using technology for the creative marketplace. Email Leon for more information
Jensen’s work in design and photographic direction has won AdFed awards at the local, district, and national levels. These ADDY awards include work for clients such as Larson Boats, Bayliner Boats, LaMettry’s Collision and Creative Memories. Rick has a varied background working for agencies, printers, and companies – both large and small. A Minnesota native, he received a B.F.A. in Graphic Design at Indiana State University in 1993, where an elective course in graphic design and metals set him down his career path. Later in 2013, he received a B.S. in Education – Art, K-12 from St. Cloud State University. He’s currently working for the Minneapolis based, Soulo Communications as their Creative Director. “I’ve always liked creating things,” he says. “Whether it’s landscaping or construction or art, I just really like making something. As it turned out, graphic design was a way to make a living doing something I love”. Email Rick for more information