Creation of the Institution
Minnesota Statutes Chapter 136F is the authorizing legislation for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
Minnesota Statutes Section 136F.10 specifically designates Brainerd and Staples as locations for MnSCU institutions.
MnSCU Board Policy 1A.11 identifies all MnSCU colleges and universities and their locations. This policy was adopted by the MnSCU Board of Trustees and has the force and effect of the law.
Central Lakes College maintains institutional member in the following national organizations:
• American Association of Community Colleges (http://www.aacc.nche.edu)
• American Association of Community Colleges – Nursing/Allied Health (http://www.aacc.nche.edu/Resources/aaccprograms/health)
• American Technical Education Association (ATEA) (http://www.ateaonline.org)
• American Association for Career & Technical Education (ACTE) (http://www.acteonline.org)
• Community Colleges for International Development (CCID) (http://www.ccid.cc)
• Council for North Central Two-Year Colleges (http://www.labette.edu/cnctyc)
• Higher Learning Commission (http://ncahlc.org)
• League for Innovation (http://league.org)
• Midwest Institute for International Intercultural Education (http://miiie.org)
• National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (http:www.nacce.com)
• Sustainability Education & Economic Development Initiative SEED (http://www.theseedcenter.org/formembers)