Why Choose Deaf Studies Certificate at CLC?
• CLC is the only institution outside of the metro to offer this unique area of emphasis
• Practice your second language without going out of the country. ASL is used right here in the USA.
• Become immersed in Deaf Culture and American Sign Language (ASL) by interacting with the Deaf community and Deaf mentors.
• Make yourself extremely marketable by adding this area of emphasis to ANY degree or technical program.
• CLC offers travel immersion trips in ASL to help students become more fluent in their second language.
Tanya Hoting Mrazek
Tanya Hoting Mrazek has been fascinated with American Sign Language her entire life! She has worked at CLC happily teaching ASL and Deaf Studies since 1994. She holds both B.A. and M.Ed. degrees with licensure in Elementary education and Deaf/HH Education. Tanya also holds several national certifications from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) and works as a freelance sign language interpreter in the Deaf community. Her sign language interpreting includes work in various areas like medical, theatrical, large-venue music concerts, educational and VRS. Her teaching credits range from basic baby sign language classes for parents, to advanced ASL courses for future interpreters. Her hobbies away from the classroom include scrapbooking and interpreting music! She lives with her family in Motley, MN. Email Tanya for more information