- FREE tuition and fees for all Minnesota students with a family income under $80,000 with the North Star Promise Scholarship (starting Fall of 2024)
- Tuition freeze at Central Lakes College through spring 2025
- Scholarships available through the CLC Foundation which awards over $450,000 annually to students. See more.
Extraordinary Education. Exceptional Value.
Central Lakes College provides the highest value, most affordable path to an extraordinary education, individual accomplishment, and community prosperity in the state.
Central Lakes College offers more than 70 academic programs and is part of Minnesota State which offers the lowest tuition and fees in Minnesota AND a first-class education employers respect.
North Star Promise Scholarship
Not only is our tuition the lowest in the state, Minnesota State and Central Lakes College students have access to countless scholarships and financial aid options – helping to break down the financial barrier to a college education. In fact, between 32% and 59% of Minnesota State students graduate with no debt at all — depending on the academic award received.
Beginning in fall 2024, the North Star Promise Scholarship program, which is just one element of the Minnesota State Promise, will provide a pathway to FREE tuition and fees for eligible Minnesota residents at any of the 26 state colleges and seven state universities of Minnesota State.
This is Minnesota’s new free college program.
To be eligible for with scholarship, students must:
- Be a Minnesota resident
- Have a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) as reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application below $80,000.
- Attend a Minnesota public higher education institution (including Minnesota State) or Tribal College
- Not be in default on a state or federal student loan
- Be enrolled taking at least one credit
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- Have not already earned a baccalaureate degree
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree, diploma, or certificate
To learn more about the North Star Promise Scholarship, head over to Minnesota Office of Higher Education’s website.