Office 365 – How to connect your Android phone or tablet
You can connect to your CLC Office 365 e-mail account on an Android phone or tablet. When you set up an Exchange account on your Android device, you’ll be able to access and synchronize your email, calendar, and contacts.
To connect your android phone or tablet to CLC Office 365
- From the Settings area, find the Accounts section, and select Add Account
- Select Corporate for account type (This option may be called Exchange or ActiveSync on some Android versions)
- Enter your CLC E-Mail Address and StarID password
- Select Manual Setup and Select Exchange if it asks for account type again
- For Domain Username Type your full StarID with domain in the format <Your StarID>@minnstate.edu (faculty/staff) or <Your StarID>@go.minnstate.edu (Students). If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your full StarID with domain in the Username box.
- For Server enter outlook.office365.com
- Leave port and Security Type setting the default of 443 and SSL/TLS
- Select sync frequency and what to sync to what you prefer.
You can now use the native Android E-Mail, Calendar, and Contacts apps to access your Office 365 information.
Note: This service uses your StarID username/password for authentication. Every time you change your StarID password, you will also have to update the password on your mobile device.