As a service and convenience to Central Lakes College Faculty, Staff, Students, and guests, we offer free WiFi wireless network throughout our facilities. We have over 80 access points strategically located to provide WiFi coverage to most areas of our buildings. The preferred wireless network for CLC Faculty, Staff, and Students is the eduroam wireless network. If you are not a CLC Faculty, Staff, or Student the CLC-Guest wireless network is available for your use.
eduroam (education roaming) is a secure global wireless access service for the educational and research community. Minnesota State students and employees can use their StarID to access WiFi when visiting participating institutions. Visitors from other eduroam-participating colleges and universities can access WiFi at participating Minnesota State colleges and universities using the usernames and passwords from their home institutions. Using eduroam ensures a private, secure network connection, and works with most modern operating systems including Microsoft Windows (XP and beyond), Apple OSX, many smartphone OSs, and most current Linux distributions.
How To Connect To eduroam
- On your device, select the eduroam from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- You will be prompted to sign onto the network. Enter the following for credentials:
- Username: StarID@minnstate.edu (faculty/staff) or StarID@go.minnstate.edu (students) Password: your StarID password
- You may be prompted to accept a security certificate. If this happens, verify that the certificate is from radius.mnstate.us. If so, click OK to accept.
If your device asks for more information, use the following settings:
- Security: 802.1x EAP
- EAP Method: TTLS
- Phase-2 Authentication: PAP or GTC
- Proxy Settings: none
- IP Settings: DHCP
- CA Certificate: Use system certificates
- Domain: minnstate.edu
- Anonymous Identity: not needed, leave blank
Using the eduroam configuration assistant
Some devices, especially Android phones, and Windows versions older than Windows 10, may require the use of eduroam’s configuration assistant to make eduroam work. Note that this requires administrative privileges on your device.
- Go to https://cat.eduroam.org/
- Click/tap the “eduroam user: download your eduroam installer” button.
- Select Minnesota State Colleges and Universities as your Home Institution.
- Click Download your eduroam installer for your operating system
- Enter the following when prompted: Username: StarID@minnstate.edu (faculty/staff) or StarID@go.minnstate.edu (students) Password: your StarID password
- Go to your device’s Wi-Fi setting and select eduroam
- Your device is connected to eduroam and will automatically connect at eduroam-participating institutions.
Use of the eduroam WiFi network is governed by the Minnesota State Acceptable Use Policy ( http://www.minnstate.edu/board/policy/522.html )