1. Must be skilled on Manual and CNC Mills, Lathes, Metal Cutting Band Saws, Drill presses and other machine tools.
2. Must have blueprint reading experience/training including Geometric Tolerancing.
3. Measuring instruments skills (Caliper, micrometers, surface plate, etc.)
4. Must be able to take and follow written and oral instructions from Shop Foreman and/or upper management.
5. Must possess basic math skills to include, but not limited to: adding, subtracting, multiplication, division and trigonometry as it pertains to the job.
Position Summary: The Machinist position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the manufacturing of component parts, assembly of products, machine maintenance, shop/work area cleanup. Other requirements: must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be task, quality and detail oriented. Applicant needs to be a "self-starter".
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Machine and assemble parts according to approved blueprints.
2. Complete work within an appropriate time frame.
3. Daily cleanup of work area.
4. Equipment maintenance as assigned by the Shop Foreman.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Shop Foreman.
Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
**Competitive wage offered based on experience.
**Benefits: After probationary period, PTO begins to accrue, health & life insurance, HSA plan, Dental insurance available, Work & live near the Boundary Waters Wilderness Canoe Area year round.
Central Lakes College reserves the right to edit and/or refuse employment listings for posting on this Website.
It is the policy of Central Lakes College to comply with federal and state law prohibiting discrimination in student admissions or treatment of students or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, handicap, disability, status with regard to public assistance, or other protected groups. Upon request, this information will be made available in an alternative form.