You Are Not Alone Anymore!
Have you lost your primary source of income due to separation, divorce, disability or death of a spouse? If so, Meta 5 Displaced Homemaker Pre-Employment Program offers you a free, customized, holistic, client-centered program to help you transition into the job market and address a variety of other needs.
We offer a compassionate, non-judgmental support system. Individuals are empowered to make their own decisions and good choices. We provide referrals to a broad array of resources including social service agencies, educational institutions and training programs, as well as financial aid resources.
How can this program help you? By offering you:
- Assertiveness training to help develop strengths and self-esteem
- Job search skills including learning to network, resume writing and interviewing
- Peer counseling and emotional support
- Assistance with educational and career choices
- Computer training; become comfortable with technology
- Support groups so you don’t have to go through this transition alone
- Workshops to help you manage your money, your stress and your divorce
- Community referrals to help you meet a variety of needs
Serving individuals in Beltrami, Cass, Crow Wing, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Todd, Wadena and Douglas Counties.
Meta 5 Displaced Homemaker Program provides this free service through funding from the Department of Employment and Economic Development.
For more information contact us:
Kimberly Pilgrim, Program Director
Central Lakes College
501 West College Drive
Brainerd, MN 56401
Staples Campus: 218.894.5132
Brainerd Campus: 218.855.8010