Why Choose Small Outboard Motor Technician Diploma at CLC?
• Our instructors have a wealth of experience and contacts in all areas of the marine and powersports industry.
• Our instructors have earned multiple certifications in all aspects of the industry.
• CLC faculty have strong industry partnerships.
• Students can earn multiple industry certifications as part of the program.
• Very strong career placement.
SMALL OUTBOARD MOTOR TECHNICIAN DIPLOMA
Program Course Requirements
First Year – Fall Semester
MAPS 1101 Basic Engines I (3 cr)
MAPS 1103 Basic Engines I Lab (4 cr)
MAPS 1106 Introduction to Electronics (2 cr)
MAPS 1120 Lawn and Garden (2 cr)
MAPS 1136 Industry Certifications I (2 cr)
MATH 1500 Applied Mathematics (3 cr)
Total 16 Credits
First Year – Spring Semester
MAPS 1130 Marine Outboard I (4 cr)
MAPS 1132* Marine Outboard II (4 cr)
MAPS 1134 Marine Lower Unit (4 cr)
MAPS 1140 Snowmobile Systems and Lab (4 cr)
Total 16 Credits
GRADUATION REQUIREMENT – 32 CREDITS
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply safe work practices in a manner compatible with OSHA requirements and industry expectations;
- Demonstrate industry standard applications of selected tools and equipment for small outboard motors and lawn and garden engine maintenance, diagnostic and repair tools;
- Apply basic diagnostic and repair concepts to small outboard motors and lawn and garden equipment;
- Apply preventative maintenance concepts to small outboard motors and lawn & garden equipment care and storage;
- Identify the functional relationships among small engine components and systems; and
- Use a variety of computer, web and technical resources to find information, troubleshoot problems and prepare estimates.