Welcome to the CLC Raiders Athletic site. The links on the left will guide you to each individual sport — Football, volleyball, golf, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, softball and baseball — where you can view a roster, check out a schedule, see team results and more!
Central Lakes College has a proud tradition of academic and athletic achievement among our students. Raider athletes demonstrate the hallmarks of good citizenship through dedication and discipline in the spirit of sportsmanship and teamwork. It is our mission to build futures – bright futures. We’re here to help you shine.
Raider Athletics Mission Statement: We believe all members of Raider Athletics have the right and responsibility to exhibit integrity in academics, in citizenship, and in athletic competition.
ACADEMICS – Raider Athletics should contribute to the overall quality of a student’s educational experience. Athletics should teach the value of teamwork, commitment, perseverance, communication, and giving your best. These values will help to foster success in a student-athlete’s academic programs.
CITIZENSHIP – Participation in Raider Athletics will contribute to the personal growth of the participants by promoting and developing attributes such as dedication, discipline, responsibility, cooperation, self-confidence, leadership and citizenship. These attributes will help to foster productive citizens in our athletic community, our college-wide community and our local surrounding community.
COMPETITION – All members of Raider Athletics are expected to uphold the practice of good sportsmanship and fair play in their pursuit of excellence. Respect for teammates, coaches, administrators, opponents and officials are a high priority.
Citizenship and dedication to serving one’s community contribute to personal growth, which is one reason Raider Athletics are helping others. Central Lakes College encourages its students and staff to give back to the community. Civic engagement for Raider athletes means such organized team activities as:
- Habitat for Humanity home building and Restore assistance
- Soup Kitchen food preparation, serving, and clean-up
- Dock installation and removal at Confidence Learning Center
- After-school sports clinics for elementary pupils
- Demonstrations of drills and skills for junior high athletes
- School-day reading time at elementary schools
- Cheer for the Cure cancer awareness fund-raising
- Officiating Brainerd High School home volleyball matches.
- Hosting National Girls and Women in Sports Day Clinic
- Assisting at Girl Scouts Leadership Development Camp
- Coaching youth baseball teams
- Furnishing WNBA star Lindsay Whalen as basketball clinic speaker
- Summer leagues in youth basketball, volleyball
- Assisting Brainerd Parks and Rec with girls’ softball try-outs