The Automotive Technology Program at Central Lakes College offers an 11-month curriculum in automotive technology that provides students with the skills needed to pursue a career in any area of automotive repair. Our program takes great pride in its professionalism. A dress code, attendance policy, and student conduct code are strictly enforced. Because the program is so intensive, class size is limited to ensure optimum training.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
1. Handle customer needs, complaints and questions about repairs/service
2. Troubleshoot and diagnose vehicle operating systems
3. Access and apply manufacturers’ specifications in repair and replacement
4. Perform vehicle operating system repairs and maintenance
5. Use computerized software programs to interpret and document service
6. Work independently and in teams to service, repair, test and maintain vehicles
7. Work responsibly within all shop safety and environmental guidelines and standards
The Automotive Technology Program is an 11-month program starting Fall semester.
Most Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) area certifications will transfer to CLC. CLC automotive technician courses transfer to many four-year schools. Consult with an advisor or counselor to learn about specific transfer opportunities.
Some common career titles for this field are line technician, service writer, technician instructor, sales person, and automotive parts representative. There are also opportunities for self-employment.
Trained technicians are in huge demand nationwide and the money is very good.