Why Choose Lawn and Garden Technician Certificate at CLC?
• Our instructors have a wealth of experience and contacts in all areas of the lawn & garden industry.
• Our instructors have earned multiple certifications in all aspects of the industry.
• CLC faculty have strong industry partnerships.
• Students can earn multiple industry certifications as part of the program.
• Very strong career placement.
LAWN AND GARDEN TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE
Program Course Requirements
First Year – Fall Semester
MAPS 1101 Basic Engines I (3 cr)
MAPS 1103 Basic Engines I Lab (4 cr)
MAPS 1106 Introduction to Electronics (2 cr)
MAPS 1120 Lawn and Garden (2 cr)
MAPS 1136 Industry Certifications I (2 cr)
MATH 1500 Applied Mathematics (3 cr)
Total 16 Credits
GRADUATION REQUIREMENT – 16 CREDITS
Career Description: After completing this program, students will be prepared to be a lawn and garden service technician. Graduates typically become employed as lawn and garden technicians at dealerships, hardware stores, or resorts and golf courses.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply safe work practices in a manner compatible with OSHA requirements and industry expectations;
- Demonstrate industry standard applications of selected tools and equipment for lawn and garden engine maintenance, diagnostic and repair tools;
- Apply basic diagnostic and repair concepts to lawn and garden equipment;
- Apply preventative maintenance concepts to lawn and garden equipment care and storage;
- Identify the functional relationships among small engine components and systems; and
- Use a variety of computer, web and technical resources to find information, troubleshoot problems and prepare estimates.
For more information regarding employment statistics, career salary information and estimated job growth, follow the resource links below: