Interviewing for a Job? Practice makes Perfect!
You’ve heard it said so many times. Making an excellent first impression is essential for a strong interview. This includes your appearance, your timeliness, but most importantly, your interviewing skills!
Who really gets the job? The best qualified? The smartest candidate? Not necessarily! Most of the time, it’s the person who is able to best sell his or her skills to employers in a professional and effective manner.
Before heading into your next interview, spend some time using our newest technology: InterviewStream! It provides feedback and tips of non-verbal behavior and communication missteps. Have a webcam? You can conduct an interview right now by using this interactive practice tool. See “How to get started” below.
Benefits of InterviewStream Self-Produced Mock Interviews
• Unlimited practice interviews will sharpen your skills and increase your chances for getting the job or internship.
• You can use Interviewstream from your own home.
• System allows you to choose general interview questions, industry specific questions or questions specifically selected by your career center to “challenge” your interviewing ability.
• Store it for future viewing and analysis.
• Seeing yourself will allow you to see exactly what the interviewer sees.
• Email to friends, faculty, family, and instructors, counselors, etc. to gain valuable feedback and constructive criticism.
• Use the online self-guided process to ease you into interviewing and self-assessment of your own performance.
Self-Produced Mock Interviews
Mock Interviews are a Good Way to Improve Your Interview Skills! InterviewStream is an online video-based practice interviewing system. And the best part? It is free to Central Lakes College students.
More about Interview Stream
InterviewStream is an innovative tool that allows you to practice your interview skills from anywhere online as long as you have access to a webcam. The complete InterviewStream system creates a realistic interview experience where you are asked challenging questions and must respond. The questions are the same questions you would get in a real job interview. You can use InterviewStream whenever you want, as often as you want to prepare for any employment opportunity.
The online system digitally records you as you respond to practice questions and loads your mock interview into your InterviewStream account. You can than review it from any computer with an internet connection as many times as you want. You will also be able to email it to people you would like to review it.
How to get started
Go to CLC Interviewstream
Click “CREATE ACCOUNT”
Complete a short profile and choose your own username and password.
You can either:
• Conduct a virtual interview using your webcam
• Schedule a virtual interview at the campus
- Brainerd Campus: Students may use the InterviewStream kiosk in the Learning Commons. Schedule an interview time in advance at the Learning Commons or call 855-8158
- Staples Campus: Students may use the InterviewStream kiosk in the Library on a first come, first serve basis.
If you have already registered with InterviewStream prior to the interview, please log in using that information. If you have not registered, please choose the “New User” option.
Adjust the webcam on top and volume on the right side of the computer screen before beginning the interview.
The interviewer will ask you a question and you can then respond. When finished with your response, click the mouse and it will stop recording.
After each question, you can either “Retry” the response, “Skip” and come back to the question, “Review” to see your response, or choose “OK” to move on.
When the interview is complete, you will receive an email with a link to view your responses and you are then able to email your interview to a career counselor to review and give feedback.