Financial Aid Home

How to Apply

Financial Aid Status

Official Award Letter

Aid Disbursement

Important Dates


Work Study

Student Loans


Transfer Students

Web Resources

Work Study

What is work study?
• It is a financial aid program that pays a student for working.
• Student should indicate an interest in work study on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• A work study award may be on the student's Award Letter located in E-services.
• Work study funding can be federal, state or institutional in origin.
• A work contract is required. The work contract will require copies of identification such as a driver's license and social security card.
• Current wage per hour is $8.50. The hourly wage has to meet the state requirements for minimum wage.
• Number of hours per week allowed is predetermined by the financial aid office.

How does a student find a job?
• When the Award Letter is available check to see if Work Study is one of the awards. This award is an estimate and it is not a guarantee you will find a job or be able to earn the whole amount.
• The Work Study positions list (below) for fall semester is usually available online approximately two weeks prior to the start of the academic year.
• Review the job list and contact the supervisor listed for the job you are interested in.
• Positions may be located on the college campuses or an area elementary school.

When can a student start working?
• After you have found a job:
    ~ Complete the student section of the work study contract through the link on your Award Letter. 
    ~ Provide your supervisor's email address and electronically sign and submit the contract.  Your supervisor will then complete his/her section of the contract and submit it to the financial aid office for processing. 
    ~ If you have not previously worked at CLC you will also need to complete an I-9, W-4 (links to these forms are given below) and provide ID documents before you can begin working.  These documents should be submitted at one of the Campus Information and Services windows.
• Within 7 to 10 days your supervisor will be notified that your work study paperwork is complete and you are authorized to start working.
Do not start working until your supervisor has received this authorization. 

How does a student get paid?
• Your timesheet will be in an electronic format. 
• You need to submit your timesheet every two weeks to receive a paycheck. Please complete and submit your timesheet correctly. Your supervisor will be able to tell when your timesheet is available and you are authorized to begin working.
• Your paycheck is delivered to you either by direct deposit (recommended) into your banking account, mailed to your local address or put on your "My CLC Plus" card. This choice is yours when you set up your "My CLC Plus" card from Higher One.  The staff at the Campus Information and Services windows can assist with the set up.

Work study job lists:

Work study positions for both campuses

Work study forms for completion: 
• Work Study employment forms I9 and W-4:

2013 I9 (pdf)

2015 W4 (pdf)