• Online evening classes in Grape growing, wine making and wine business.
• One year certificates or AAS degrees available.
• Scholarships available through the Minnesota Grape Growers Association.
• Financial aid available through Central Lakes College.
• Taught by industry experts with years of experience from around the world and through 19 state colleges.
• Assistance in finding internships in the Minnesota wine industry (71 wineries and counting!) by the CLC VESTA Coordinator.
Wineries are booming in Minnesota, from 26 in 2007 to 47 in 2012, and also in the Upper Midwest. See the latest info (pdf). This is mainly due to cold hardy grapes developed by the University of Minnesota that can thrive not only in our region, but also other parts of the world such as Russia, China and Northern Europe. The VESTA (Viticulture and Enology Science and Technology Alliance) program offers online classes taught by industry leaders.
Students gain hands-on practical experiences through mentoring with local Vineyards and Wineries. It is a partnership of Universities, Two year Colleges, State Agricultural Agencies, Vineyards and Wineries in 19 States. Visit www.vesta-usa.org for more details.
Central Lakes College can help students with financial assistance (+Scholarships!), general education courses, and local mentors.