• Consistent use of simulation to enhance classroom and clinical experiences
• Variety of clinical experiences including but not limited to Acute Care, Long-Term Care, clinics, mental and behavioral health
• Flexible schedules 3-4 days per week
• Program accredited through Higher Learning Commission, approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing
• NCLEX passing rates above the state and national average.
• Multiple opportunities for employment and/or further education
• Nursing instructors who truly care about student's and their success in the program.
Central Lakes Practical Nursing Program is comprehensive nursing program that can be completed in two semesters. Whether you career goal is to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse or you envison yourself as a two or even a four year RN, Central Lakes College is a great place to start!
The program which has been in existence for 56 years has had a long history of success, with its first graduating class of 14 to current graduating classes of 80 students. MN state board passing rates are above the state and national averages and the employment rate is nearly 100% with students either finding employment as an LPN or continuing their education. Qualified faculty with over 60 combined years of nursing education experience and over 150 years of combined nursing experience in OB, Peds, Med/Surg, Psych and School Nursing will be with you as you begin your journey into Nursing at Central Lakes College.