• We provide an affordable education option without compromising the quality of education – students leave our program with less debt and equally prepared as their peers at four-year schools
• With low instructor to student ratios (approximate class sizes of 20), students receive personal attention from their instructors and develop strong relationships with their classmates
• Most of our students continue on to a four-year school to complete their Bachelor's degree, equally prepared as their peers at these schools, and often arriving with more advanced training
• We offer full articulation agreements with Bemidji State, South Dakota State, University of MN Crookston, and University of WI Stevens Point, to complete Bachelor's degrees
• We offer paid internships through our agency partners, including MN DNR Fisheries, Wildlife, Eco-services, and Parks, the MN Pollution Control Agency, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Camp Ripley Military Reserve, and Crow Wing County Land Services
• Located at the intersection of three biomes and adjacent to the 55,000 acre Camp Ripley Military Reserve, the Brainerd Lakes Area is diverse and accessible place to study and recreate
• Our instructors live and breathe natural resources, with broad and varied experiences, ongoing ecological research activities, and extensive networks of natural resource professionals
The Central Lakes College Natural Resources Program provides students a well-rounded background in natural resources, preparing them for work in a variety of fields including wildlife and fisheries management, forestry, water resources, or parks and interpretation. The natural resources core courses include a strong outdoor laboratory component which allows students to reinforce classroom learning by applying it in environmental settings.
The outdoor focus, a cornerstone of the program, also prepares students to work safely and effectively in the field, skills critically important to potential employers. The relatively small size of the Natural Resources Program allows students full access to their instructors and to get to know other students and forge life-long friendships.
For more information regarding employment statistics, career salary information and estimated job growth, follow the resource links below: