• Program is a platform program to allow students to pursue careers in the business, compliance and technology side of healthcare. Visit http://www.hicareers.com to see what awaits you in career options, employment statistics, and potential wages.
• An active Advisory Board representing the regions small businesses to large integrated healthcare systems; who choose graduated of this program to fill job openings.
• Articulation agreement with the College of St. Scholastica to transfer into their 4 year B.A. Health Information Management degree.
• A.A.S. degree prepares students for industry credentials.
• Instructors hold current industry credentials and pride themselves on being up-to-date on the constantly changing healthcare demands.
• Program is taught in the classroom, hybrid and online to meet the needs of the course content to ensure student success.
The healthcare industry is going through sweeping changes due to government regulations and technology improvements causing the organizations to focus even more on compliance, efficiencies, and revenue management. During this time of exciting change the industry is demanding skilled employees who can collect, manage and analyze healthcare data.
This provides the Healthcare Administrative Specialist opportunities to improve quality and coverage in healthcare by lowering costs, maximizing efficiencies, and playing a role in patient safety. This degree is the business and compliance side of healthcare. The program prepares you for the high demand careers where you work with patient information and technology; you leave as a specialist in medical office tasks, medical records, revenue cycle management and customer service skills.