• Central Lakes College Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technician program is AED certified.
• Instructors have many years experience in the industry.
• Very high placement rate
• Well equipped shop with great deal of time working hands on of real equipment to simulate the demands of working in a real shop
• When you graduate you can get a rewarding career working on construction equipment, agriculture equipment and trucks in a dealership or a contractor or open your own shop.
• 11 month program gets you out in the work force to enjoy your career and earn a good living
• Opportunity to obtain your CDL (Commercial Drivers License)
Enjoy a rewarding career as a Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technician. Today's construction equipment, agricultural equipment and heavy trucks are a lot more complex than the equipment was years ago. Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technicians are needed that can repair and diagnose the complex equipment that shape our world. That someone could be you. Your career as a diesel and heavy equipment technician starts at Central Lakes College.
This program concentrates on the hydraulic/hydrostatic, power train, electrical/electronics, and engine systems of off-road construction equipment such as crawlers, excavators, backhoes, front end loaders, motor graders, and skid steer loaders as well as on-highway vehicles. Two program options allow students to prepare for careers in maintenance, repair, and diagnostics of diesel equipment. The Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technician Diploma is an eleven-month program consisting of a Fall and Spring semester plus an accelerated six-week summer session. The Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree consists of all coursework from the Technician Diploma program plus an additional 20 elective credits.