• Only school in the state using the Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Information Systems simulated database in the squad cars.
• The only program in the state to grant students certification for the nationwide "Toward Zero Deaths" program.
• Very strong career related placement in law enforcement in the upper midwest due to retirements and growth.
• Unique program, offering both Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement.
• New squad cars and state-of-the art technology.
• Cooperate with Camp Ripley and use emergency vehicle operations course for training.
• Use the Combined Arms Combat Training Facility at Camp Ripley for "real Life simulations".
• Partnership with the Mills shoot range for low light firearms training.
• All Instructors are currently active in law enforcement. All are licensed peace officers.
• 5 year average shows Central Lakes College has a 95% pass rate with the MN POST BOARD exam
Come and Join our Central Lakes College Criminal Justice Program. Ever thought about being a State Trooper, Deputy, Conservation Officer, City Police Officer....? We offer CJ AAS degree and if you already have a degree from an accredited institution all it takes is the Criminal Justice Certificate Program (accelerated Program) and our skills certificate and less than a year your law enforcement educational goal is complete!
Central Lakes College premier training includes offering our students in squad computer experience, "Towards 0 Deaths" TZD certification, and Lidar certifications above and beyond normal classroom offerings! Come and join our Law Enforcement Club which participates in many community events: shop with a cop, Brainerd Jaycees Ice Fishing Contest, Haunted Trail, Crossing guard security at area schools, Security for the career fair, etc. Club members travel to a different region each year and 2014 (Fall) we are hosting our Regional ACJA (American Criminal Justice Association) competition here in Brainerd!
For information regarding our law enforcement programs: CJ AAS, Natural Resources Law Enforcement, or our CJ certificate Program please call Gae Davis at 218-855-8264 or email contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding employment statistics, career salary information and estimated job growth, follow the resource links below: