• Certified Instructors
• Cutting Edge Technology and Emerging/High Demand Skill Sets
• Convenient Scheduling: Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as many online offerings.
• Microsoft IT Academy, Cisco Networking Academy, CompTIA Authorized Academy
• VUE, Prometric and Certiport Test Center Onsite
• Education and Career Advisors
• Outstanding Career Placement
• Extensive, hands-on training, working with industry hardware and software
• State-of-the-art Labs- over $500,000 invested in labs
• Internships are available in each program
Cisco network administrators install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks. The Cisco CCNA curriculum helps students prepare for entry-level career opportunities, continuing education, and the globally recognized Cisco CCENT and CCNA certifications. The new CCNA curriculum aligns with the latest CCENT and CCNA certification exams, and will prepare students for numerous industry certifications. This is a challenging and exciting degree, and CCNAs are in high demand in industry.
Coursework includes general networking technologies, network troubleshooting, client and server operating system technologies, project management, computer repair, switching and routing, VoIP and security. This program covers an overview of networking technologies that graduates can expect to work with in small to mid-size organizations and delivers curriculum using current industry software and hardware. CLC's information technology (IT) instructors are industry certified professionals with multiple years of experience in their respective disciplines both in the classroom and in industry. There is nearly 100% placement of our graduates within the IT field.
My next teaching job brought me to Century College in the Twin Cities teaching primarily Cisco networking courses.
Now I am fortunate enough to have earned a position here at Central Lakes College teaching Computer Technology and working to develop a Mobile Applications Development program.
I am a first generation college student and a non-traditional student, earning a BAS in Technology Management from Bemidji State University while working full time, supporting a family and paying a mortgage. My background gives me a firm understanding of some of the challenges of earning an education.
IT is an awesome field with growth and earning potential for graduates. My hope is that you will find a passion for IT and your success and earnings will follow.
Email Luke for more information