7.9.10 DOL Budget Line Item Flexibility and Other Areas Covered by DOL Grant Award Special Clauses and Conditions
Budget Line Item Flexibility
- The U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) allows flexibility within the grant budget (except wages, salaries, fringe benefits and indirect costs) provided no single line item is increased or decreased by more than 20%. Changes in excess of 20% and any changes in wages, salaries and fringe benefits, and indirect cost rates must receive prior written approval from the federal Grant Officer.
- Changes in mix or match within the wages and salaries line do not require a grant modification; however, the assigned DOL Federal Project Officer must review the changes prior to implementation. Failure to obtain this prior written approval may result in cost disallowance.
- When identified as a lead institution, Central Lakes College is responsible for tracking all budgetary changes and ensuring that collectively the consortium does not exceed the 20% cap and that budget modification requests are submitted to DOL when appropriate. If an increase or decrease in your member budget is needed, please comply with the Budget Realignment Procedure prior to making any changes.
- Grant member colleges are advised that there is a 10% limitation on administrative costs on DOL funds awarded under this grant. In no event may administrative costs (direct and indirect) exceed 10% of the total award amount.
- Quarterly Financial Reports are required. For consortium grants that require a single consolidated report to be submitted by the lead institution, members must submit the required reports with supporting documentation no later than 21 days after the end of each reporting quarter. Reporting quarter end dates are June 30, September 30, December 31, and March 31.
- Consultant fees paid under this grant/agreement shall be limited to $585 per day without additional USDOL Grant Officer approval. Please submit all requests for higher compensation to Consortium Grant Director for review and submission to USDOL for pre-approval.
US DOL ETA Grant Award Part IV Special Clauses and Conditions
ETA One–Stop Comprehensive Financial Management Technical Assistance Guides
U.S. DOL ETA Financial Report 9130 & Instructions
Date of procedure creation: 02/10/2015
Author (s): Rebekah Kent, Director Strategic Grant Initiatives and
Jillian Cyann, Accounting Officer, AME & RITA Grant
Date of Implementation: 02/24/2015